Monday 22 October 2012

Go Bohemian....

Here is a look at some of my Boho clothes. The trick with Boho is to leave your hair messy, don't  bother straightening. I  bet it's so kooky and sexy if you let it dry naturally. Think about the 70's hair style- it was big if it was blow-dried. But seeing as we want to make the Boho look more contemporary I wouldn't blow dry either(I promise you boys go mad for bed head hair!!).

Very little make up and LOT of jewellery and accessories. You can go wrong with feather earings, headscarfsbeads on your wrists and ankles and gold bangles for your arms. Add a splash of colour to nails and add a toe ring if you can!




Get the Look
This vintage jumpsuit I have had for years! I always bring it out come rain and shine. Bought from 'Beyond Retro' on Carnaby St' W1 you can wear this with some chunky army boots or simple black pumps. I would keep the shoes black as there is already a lot of colour going on. The white feather earrings are H&M, black feather earring Elmstone. Heart pendant necklace charity shop. Tip: Don't be shy with the accessories.

Get The Look
I love to wear white if I'm going Boho. This white silk slip is vintage from a shop in buenos Aires, the white lace dress vintage and white lace jacket 'Beyond Retro'. Tip: A black biker jacket or leather jacket could be really cool with the soft look.








I wanted to show you what the dress looks like without the jacket too as the sleeves are so pretty.    Tip: It's definitely about wearing a lot of lace with Boho and I kinda like to wear one sleeve slightly off the shoulder sometimes.
Get the Look
I am teaming up an old Zara shirt with this amazing pink ruffled floor length skirt. Tip: You could wear a black or white vest top instead if its hot and shirts aren't really your thing. I like the juxtaposition of clothes; feminine against masculine. Skirt vintage.

Get the look
Ah this cute dress I bought again in a vintage shop and the hat i brought abroad. I just had to add the hat this dress to make it more wearble in London during our cold, winter months. Tip: You could wear this with converse and a leather jacket too. You will still capture the essence of Boho.
Get the Look
This jumpsuit is Topshop and the sequinned cardigan is my grandma's. Go and search your grandmothers wardrobe!! You will be surprised what's in there. The head scarf relaxes this look and adds colour. Tip: If I go for anything sparkly I always wear it down with converse, biker boots or this flowery head scarf...

CLICK HERE for the video of this look

Or watch it here

There you go. Some Boho inspiration to beat the dull, miserable weather outside! Lets lift our moods!

London Model Citizen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below, I take the time to read every single one! I love to read them, they inspire me to keep posting! THANKS X

Do you like this post?

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...